Sunday, January 25, 2009

Girlfriends (the kind that bail you out of jail, not the kind you date)

I love my girlfriends and am very grateful to have them. They are quiet, loud, calm, crazy, high maintenance, low maintenance, smart, witty, funky, loving, caring, funny, honest and utterly amazing. Some live very close and others are far away. I'm excited to share them with you. Here they are, in no particular order of love.

Ree: There are two sides of Ree. Side A is soft, caring, and tender. We have great conversations about life. We tell each other everything and, of all my friends, I spend the most time with her. Ree would really do anything for her friends and family and wears her heart on her sleeve. Side B of Ree usually involves a crowd and liquor and "that's all I'm gonna say about that". God love her!

Virgo: Virgo is my dear friend that lives in WI. We met at work 10 years ago. We haven't live close to one another in a long time but distance has never stopped our friendship. There is no maintenance required with Virgo. The time we spend together usually involves wine, homemade food, and hours and hours of girl talk. Virgo is one of those women that you can't help love. She's eclectic, funky, fun and I love her.

Chile: Chili is a rare gem; my road trip friend and the big sister I never had. Chile and I could pack our bags and head out of the open road for a month with no problem. We have never had an argument and never run out of things to talk about. Our 2000 road trip to New Mexico has been one of the best trips and times in my life. Here's to cattle drives Chile!

Turtle: My friendship with Turtle happened by accident. We attended a conference together as co-workers and left as friends. Amazing what a whole lot of beer can do! Turtle wears a pretty thick outer shell which I've managed to crack through. I've never met someone that has dedicated their life to giving to others. She's amazing. I hope everyone has a Turtle in their life!

Patsy: Patsy is a dear friend that I've had in my posse for ages and ages. Patsy and I could party like rock stars in our younger days. We have so many memories that we should publish a book. I hate that we live 3 1/2 hours from each other. We don't get to see each other that much and I hate that.

Bub: She's one of my sisters and is 5 years younger than I am. Bub brought me to MN. We live in the same town and are both blessed with daughters that grow horns. In addition, she has a son named "ET". He's smarter than any kid I've ever met for his age. Bub is a peace maker. She never says or does anything to rock the boat...thank God for Bub.

Moya: My other sister. She's 10 years younger than I am and has the cutest little gansta son. Some of the stuff that comes out of Q's mouth could win me the $100,000 Funniest Video award. I've always felt a little motherly with Moya but see our relationship growing as we get older. She's wicked funny and cuts my hair like no one else can. Moya loves to cook and try funky food. We'd have a great catering business.

Julia: Julia is my sister in law that gave me the "Martha" nickname. She's more Martha than she thinks though. Julia, like Bub, is a peacemaker. She also has a wicked sense of humor. I love me some Julia. We have a vow to each other that we're going to master Fried Chicken. I hope to chronicle that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment