Friday, March 6, 2009

Can you smell it?

It's Spring.


It's upon us, well at least until the unwanted end of March blizzard that we get every year. Hats off to Mother Nature though today; she did us good. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, the snow was melting, and some crazy fool had their motorcycle out in the "heat wave". Apparently 40 degrees is PERFECT riding weather. Kudos to you Mr. Motorcycle rider guy...you gave us all hope that warmer temps are on the way.
To celebrate the taste of Spring we dug out the grill to cook up some brats. I don't know if it's the "cheese head" in my blood or what but the smell and taste of brats is all it takes to get me out of the winter funk. Maybe I should start grilling them in January, I wonder if they'd taste as good as they did today?

Here's to Spring. Bring it on Mother Nature, bring it on. There's a lawn chair, a baseball game, dad's fire pit, and a cold beer calling my name!

P.S., Can you smell these too? Ohhhhhh, yeah...they were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment