Monday, March 2, 2009

Bretzel Rolls

I discovered the recipe for these rolls on the Smitten Kitchen website. Smitten Kitchen is one of my all time favorite blogs that I check/stalk/drool over daily. The writer, Deb, is funny and witty and fun to read. Oh yeah, she also posts some kick butt recipes.

I've been drooling over this recipe for ever and have been waiting for the right time to make them. My husband had been craving chili and I thought these rolls would be great chili-sopper-uppers and WOW did they come through. They weren't too fussy, the recipe was easy to follow and they turned out great. The next time you need a diversion from the normal dinner roll, try a batch of these; they won't disappoint.

Click here for the recipe, found on SmittenKitchen.com. The only change to recipe was that I omitted the cornmeal because I didn't have any. I baked them on a non-stick jellyroll pan that I sprayed with a little non-stick cooking spray. I would have baked them on parchement paper but I was out of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment