Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week In Review

I love busy weeks. This week was especially busy preparing for family events, two birthdays, and my parents anniversary.

Baking:
THE chocolate birthday cake.

This cake is one of our family favorites and is usually requested by my husband, brother, and dad on their birthday. If you're a fan of chocolate, give this cake a try. It's easy to make and very delicious.

If you have the time, bake and frost the cake the day before you plan to eat it; it's really twice as good the next day.

I've had this recipe for a long time, it was printed in a Hershey Anniversary cookbook that I have but you can find the recipe on the Hershey website.


Loving:
Twitter. Snippets of information in 140 characters of less. It's very fun and mildly addicting. I follow CNN, Martha Stewart, Ashton Kutcher, Etsy, and the New York Times to name a few.

Watching: Twilight

I haven't read the books yet so I can't base my opinion of the movie on my thoughts of the book. If I had to rate this movie on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 5. I didn't like it but, at the same time, I didn't hate it either.



Reading: Handle With Care
This is my first Facebook book club read with my friend Inna. We used to work together and loved to talk about and swap books. I miss Inna terribly but, through Facebook, we get to stay connected and continue talking books.

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through this book but so far, so good. I'll report back when I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment