Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wooster Clock: A really great gift

My parents have never been easy to shop for. When asked what they need/want the response usually goes something like this; "We don't need anything" or "Why don't you all just come home for the weekend, that's all we need."

This year my siblings and I hit a brick wall for ideas as to what to get them for their anniversary. Funny thing is though that things always have a way of working themselves out.

There has been a clock that has hung in my parents dining room for as long as I can remember. Mr. Clock decided that he was done; not even fresh batteries could get him going. For a few months now his "spot" has been empty. I can't even begin to tell you what creatures of habit we are. Every time I'm at my parent's I find myself looking at that spot for the time. The anniversary gift was decided; we'd get them a new clock.

We had in our minds what we wanted. We wanted a nice quality clock that we could customize to include our family name and the year my parents were married and we didn't want to break the bank. We didn't think that was too much to ask but apparently reasonably priced, nice quality, customizable clocks are a rare find. I searched and searched the Internet trying to find exactly what we were looking for. My search lead to Wooster Clock Company.

We picked out a 17" round clock in the color khaki and when it arrived it surpassed my expectations. Great quality, very nice people, very responsive, reasonably priced etc. If you're looking for something special check them out.

The new clock

1 comment: